Welcome to Chart Room Media‘s December newsletter, a semi-regular update on the music and companies we’ve been working with, plus occasional insights into the ever-changing media landscape and recommendations on how to best position your own projects.
We’ve had plenty to share this month:
- Legendary activist and songwriter Billy Bragg announced his 2019 ‘One Step Forward. Two Steps Back.’ tour, where he’ll showcase his earliest albums over three nights in each city.
- Digital rights company and Chart Room Media client Audiam saw its founder and CEO Jeff Price named to Billboard’s ‘Digital Power Players’ list for the first time and testified on royalty laws in front of the Canadian House of Commons along with reps from Facebook, Google and more.
- Long-time Steely Dan trumpeter and Grammy-winner Michael Leonhart confirmed a New York show with his namesake orchestra after their debut album won praise from The New York Times, Downbeat, WBGO and more. Paste Magazine just named the release one of the “Top Ten Jazz Albums” released in 2018.
- Claudia Brant, one of Latin Pop Music’s all-time biggest selling songwriters, launched the release of her inspiring and star-studded solo album with a live interview and performance at The Grammy Museum in Los Angeles.
- 90’s Indie-darlings Buffalo Tom, still touring on the back of their early-2018 album ‘Quiet and Peace,’ dropped a heart touching new video while BT frontman Bill Janovitz delivered a revealing story on his life and work to NPR’s Studio 360.
- The always intriguing and eclectic indie-artist Miles Francis (formerly of Antibalas) dropped a two new singles with video features on blog posts coming in. He also brought his band by Paste for a live performance.