Chart Room Media has an immediate opening for an internship position in the music and entertainment industry. Candidates must be highly motivated, existing entertainment/music experience a plus. We’re looking for a strategic, creative thinker who is pro-active, eager to learn and a self-starter.
This position will report to agency head and work with staff members on client relations and media relations, across 7-9 accounts.
– Excellent communication skills
– Knowledge of current music landscape across a multitude of genres
– Experience using prevalent social media platforms
– Updating website, socials, databases etc.
– Traditional and social media research
– Scanning and distributing clips to clients
– Coordinating interview schedules
– Coordinating CD and digital mailouts
– Coordinating guest lists
– Attending shows
– Formatting reports and press updates for clients
– Light editing of press releases with direction
Additional responsibilities and qualifications will include –
– Ability to juggle priorities and multi-task
– Write and edit press releases and media alerts
– Monitor media coverage of client initiatives to compile comprehensive reports
– Support both our current clients and the development of new business proposals and pitches; participating in creative idea development; and extensive market and social media research.
– Organized and detail-oriented
– Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of Photoshop & WordPress a plus
– Create and maintain living media lists tailored for varying clients and campaigns
– Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
– Must have excellent research skills
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org